One of two projects built together following a long process of community building, historic preservation reviews, Planning Commission hearings, building permit process and extensive neighborhood meetings.
The original house had been badly mangled over the years since it was built in the early 1880’s. Virtually nothing remained of its original architecture. We worked closely with the Historic Preservation Planner at the City, and other concerned preservationists to painstakingly study an ancient photo, and recreate details. The building was restored it to its original splendor under the Secretary of the Interior’s guidelines for Historic Restoration.
70 Douglass, the second house on the site still respects the architectural detail of the street front and neighborhood but takes a much fresher approach to the design.